Friday, August 18, 2006

Friends or...

Ive been hearing lots of news and rumours going around lately. Even from before ive been hearing the same topics over and over again, but what really caught my mind today was a subject on relationship. The subject was would you rather choose a friend over your partner/bf/gf or vice versa. Its pretty common and even I, myself even experience this before and done it before too, but since I no longer in a relationship, I dont do it anymore and plus, even if I get into one, I think that ill still choose friends over my gf.

Of course by choosing so doesnt mean you totally ignore them till the extreme, like leaving them to rot and make it as though your not into the relationship at all, it doesnt go that way. By saying choosing friends over your partner, I suppose to me it means by spending time with both parties, regardless of the situation, except unavoidable ones and spend equal time on both. Surely most would rather 60 on their partners and 40 on friends. That is normal, and I think that is the most suitable choice, or even a better 50/50.

So what does it mean by choosing your partner over your friends, I think it would be totally ignoring your friends and get totally indulged into your partner and you rarely spend time with your friends anymore. Basicly a 90/10. To me, this kind of things are kinda normal, im quite neutral with it, or probably because it happens to frequently till it made me used to it. So anyway, another opinion post. What do you people think of this?

I dont think its not totally wrong and I dont think its exactly right too, but one thing for sure is, dont ignore any of them. Spend equal time or if you cant, try 60 40 or if you stil cant 70 30 till the end. If not, I think it will create sorta like conflict. That's my opinion anyway. To some people it might differ but anyhow, I wanna see what you guys think about this because it happens so often and im sure youre all well aware of this plus the pros and cons about it.

A friend of mine once said to me "lovers come and go but friends stay". I partially agree with that saying but have a few doubts. What say you?

13 comments:

Naz said...

Humans come and go so everybody should be treated the same :D but well for me see la the situation.. =D but sticking to a person 24/7 is crazeee

Naz said...

Something has happen in school? :D From my observations I knew something gonna happen..

Ace said...

hmm that still doesnt change the fact that, a human whom you wanna be with will be your lover and the humans you wanna spend time with, share, play, etc etc would be your friends. so?

Nothing happened in school actually. Just some random notifications.

Langyboi said...

relationship issues always catch my eye xD. Anyway, it depends on how worthwhile the relationship is. I mean if you're going to break up eventually anyway, and if it feels pretty soon, don't waste your time and effort on that one person, 90/10 is a bit extreme, unless both parties don't mnind la. but imagine if break up, all those hours and resources wasted, that sux right? That's all I gotta contribute. Although technically i'm in a thingy, lol.

Naz said...

ok la I used to be 90/10 before.. well I guess it's just depend on people.. usually if its their first love it'll most of the time 90/10 or like 80/20 liddat la.. and that's first shouldn't always be the last you need experiences.. the more experience you gain.. the more balance everything will get and things will be better everyone becomes happy :)

Unknown said...

aaron... what say you?? i thought is what will you say =\ LOL I will pick my dog ^^ puteh is the best :D pls add her friendster puteh wee =D

Ace said...

lolz. Well it differs for everyone, but as we know it been heard everywhere nowadays. Kinda common thing, but I dont kinda agree with 90/10 but im not really against it, based on each individual preferance mah.

So anyway, thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

that line.. its awfully familiar :D oo wait! its from me! shud gimme credit pfft! ahahaha ppl wud choose 50/50.. but in a relationship they usually have to 'satisfy' the other party.. soo umm they tend to spend more time with thier partner.. we all shud understand each other 1 la.. so honestly i dont really blame those who go for 90/10.. its just life.. heck but im still wif 50/50 :D .. oo wait.. 50/49/1 .. 1 = guitar :D

p/s: its po again :D

Anonymous said...

u noe wad.. it works now ahahha

Pam Choo said...

Hey Aaron. :) Whoa, I don't come here for a few days (Or has it been a week?) And you've updated sooo much.. I've sort of scanned through everything I missed. Sounds like lots are happening.

Anyway. I'm not really sure what to say about "Relationships" and how to divide your time between your friends and lover. It is so random and so different for each individual, and everyone has their own perspectives through their own personal experiences. One thing's for sure though, it's always good to be sure that you don't take any sides for granted. :)

It's still hard to say what the ratio is between my care for a lover and my friends. So I'll have to get back to you on this one. ;)

Ace said...

Po : That line wasnt from you, was from chean you sucker!

Pam : lol take your time pam. No hurry. Anyway how's trials?

Unknown said...

Po you ass!!! well anyway if you in a relationship is best u split your time correctly or else the other party may feel left out or something or think something is wrong like frens >< spend too little friendship break.. stead spend yoo little also break

guess is best if both are understandble :D

Anonymous said...

To me, a relationship requires 3 lives, 1 for the guy, 1 for the girl and 1 for both of them. No percentage is needed, understanding and maturity always play a crucial role.